Saturday, December 8, 2012

The business of killing business. Part 2


  

  So there I was, looking homeless outside of a starbucks. Bill had just walked in, which meant in 2 minutes and 43 seconds, he would walk out with a lidless coffee cup. The trip from the door to his car was my window. It was a narrow space, but I was confident.I look into the shop. Bill has his coffee in one hand, and his phone in the other. He looks as if he was losing the conversation he was having. I swear, I don't know how guys like this get to be top sales people.
 I stand up as he gets closer to the door. He comes out and starts to walk to his car. I start my begging routine.

"He buddy listen, I'm down on my luck and I need some change. Help a guy out?" I ask while sticking my hand in his face.

The second he looks at it, I take my other hand and drop the pill in his coffee in a discrete motion. Job completed. 
 But as he shakes his head no and pushes me aside, I feel an intense pain in my stomach. I keel over, unable to move. As I start to black out, I hear Bill say "I gotta go, this hobo is having a stroke."
 When my eyes opened, I was in a hospital. A Doctor was looking at my chart. 

 "Hello, sir." The Doctor says in a monotone voice. "We found no I.D on your body. Do you have a name?"

"I don't know." I reply instinctively.

"Well then we'll refer to you as John Doe for the time being. John, you're lucky to be alive. A Starbucks employee brought you in just in the nick of time.Are you're aware that you'r allergic to peanuts, Mr. Doe?"

"I sure as hell am now." I replied in a shocked tone. And I really was shocked, this was news to me. 
 "Well now you know. We found a sandwich wrapper in your pocket. It said cashews were used in the mustard." The Doctor replied.

I thought back to the 7/11 I walked into this morning. It was the only sandwich type left. 

"You're going to be fine." The doctor continued as he approached me."I just have to administer one shot. Stick out your arm."

In a haze, I did as I was told. He administered the clear liquid into my veins.
"I bet you get stuff like this all the time with this job, eh?" I asked, trying to make small talk.

 The Doctor disposed of the needle and looked at me."Not exactly, Paul. This is a unique business that we're in.Everyday brings something new."

I start to feel dizzy. I suddenly realized that it was a trap, and I got up to escape. But it was too late. I was dead as soon as I ate the sandwich.That was the problem with being in the business of killing business; you'll never know when you're the target. 




No comments:

Post a Comment