Sunday, December 23, 2012

Bothersome


 Please don't look at me. Please don't listen to me. Please don't care about me. There's nothing I can do for you, so don't ask anything of me. I am not your messiah, I am not a deity. The pressure to perform is too great for me to do anything but disappoint people. 
 The wind that rustles your hair knocks me down and drags me for miles. The sun that tans your skin burns holes that melt my bones. I am weak, I am bruised and I am ignorant. Why do you keep asking me to do things for you? You're triple the person that I am, why do you look to me for help?
 You go to work, you go drive in your car and you sleep in my bed. Each day, you ignore my change cup, then go home and pray to me. You're quite curious, because you can't seem to figure out what's bothering you

No comments:

Post a Comment